Fibreglass fabric for solar protection
Duletai New Material in fibreglass fabrics offers quality and lasting solutions for solar protection, tensile structures, and acoustics correction for both business and residential buildings. With designs developed for both exterior and interior fittings, you can create the ideal environment for work or pleasure. Solar protection using fibreglass fabric blinds offers high levels of protection while maintaining the level of natural, incoming light for optimal visual and thermal comfort. Whether you need maximum transparency or transluent to blackout blinds, you have a choice of fabric to meet your needs.The fibreglass fabric range of blinds, roof shade structures, office space partitions and fittings are developed using fabrics of woven fibreglass yarns with a coating that ensures all prodcuts provide durable tensile strength, resistance to bad weather and offer both dimensional and colour stability.
Fibreglass fabric: a lasting solution for managing your environment
Fibreglass fabrics come with a safety and quality guarantee. Dedicated to the highest quality, fiberglass fabrics are lead-free, meet international standards for fire safety, low emissions of dangerous substances and fully comply with the “Blinds Performance Requirements for external and internal blinds.
Window curtain fabric has many different types to chose from. When considering for which will work best for your project. Color, openness factor, PVC vs. non-PVC coated, and single color vs. duplex are some decisions to be made. One of the choices is material composition: polyester or fiberglass base fabric. Each window curtain fabric has its own advantages and provides an excellent result, but there are some pros and cons to consider when chosing the suitable material for your applications.
WINDOW CURTAIN FABRIC STRENGTH AND DURABILITY
It is real that polyester base fabric have a higher strength rating than fiberglass, it is also true for fiberglass is, in same weight, it’s stronger than steel. So, both polyester and fiberglass fabrics are qualified for most window curtain projects. However, polyester can be affected by heat. It loses its dimensional stability and stretches under high temperatures, while fiberglass is far more stable , it will stay unaffected because of the glass fiber’s high melting point.
KEEPING ON TRACK
Both materials can sometimes mis-track—also known as telescoping or not running exactly square with the roller. Polyester fabric are straight and so are somewhat less prone to tracking issues than fiberglass with its twisted yarns. In either case, this problem can be solved by placing a piece of high quality gaffer tape about 1” wide on the exposed roller (where the fabric will cover it) on the side that you want the fabric drawn toward.
EASY TO CLEAN
Because these yarns are coated, both types are equally cleanable. Duletai New material’s window curtain fabric may be cleaned at the window by vacuuming with a soft brush attachment. Most may also be cleaned by using a sponge or soft cloth and mild solution of warm soapy water. A dishwashing liquid, such as Ivory liquid, is recommended. Some uncoated fabrics are exceptions, and must be cleaned with a dry art sponge, but that is the same whether fiberglass, polyester, or a blend.
DON’T BE FRAYED
Polyester Fabric with Fraying
Fiberglass fabric with Fraying
Although modern cutting techniques that reduce frayed edges, any time a fabric is cut—whatever the method—there is a small possibility of fraying after some time in the field, depending on the applications of the material. In the event there is some fraying, repairs can be made on polyester by careful use of heat/flame to melt the frayed pieces away. For fiberglass window curtain fabric, if fraying does occur, scissors can be used to trim the fabric.
SILM MEANS EVERYTING
Because fiberglass base fabric is thinner, those shade fabrics have been touted as having better glare control, improved view-through characteristics, and more uniform coating ability. The big payoff: thinner yarns also leads to lighter materials, so larger shades can be made because the diameter of the bundle is not as great. In addition, fewer materials need to go into the manufacturing of the operating mechanism, fascia, and other hardware, saving material cost and resources. The smaller product and hardware also presents a cleaner and slimmer profile at the window. In recent years, thinner polyester yarns have been developed so these advantages are no longer exclusive to fiberglass fabrics. As a general rule, fiberglass fabrics are thinner.
PVC coated fiberglass fabrics has the same appearance as poyester fabrics but they do have some difference, so let’s see.
There are 2 types of yars for window curtain fabrics, fiberglass and polyester. No doubt these yarns have different features. Polyester yarn is typically promoted as stronger and fiberglass as thinner , strong and fire proof. Polyester fabrics were thicker/heavier and this was held up as a benefit for durability public areas and spaces or high traffic applications. However, there are lighter polyester fabric available on the market now.
PVC coated fiberglass fabrics is thinner and lighter weight. These features allow for roller blinds making long shades more compact for installation purposes, also lighter weight fiberglss fabrics allow for smaller roller tubes and put less stress on electronic motors. The we can use smaller motor to save cost. Thinner fabrics tend to have a “expensive looking”and a cleaner view through when comparing the same color and openness factor to its polyester fabrics.
WHICH MATERIAL IS MORE DURABLE
– The polyester fabrics have more strength than fiberglass fabrics and are longer life time. Polyester yarns will shape shift under pressure before breaking. PVC coated fiberglass fabrics are made of glass and will not change shape.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP IS MORE WASHABLE
– When comparing pvc-coated polyester fabrics and pvc-coated fiberglass fabrics is almost the same.
WHICH IS MORE STRETCH RESISTANT and HOLDS THE SHAPE BETTER
– The fiberglass window curtain fabric from duletai new material do not stretch and are better stablity. Polyester fabric are easily stretched but they give you more strength.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP BETTER RESISTS FRAYING
– Because of the different composition of in these yarns there may also be a notable resulit in how the yarn responds to cutting. Polyester yarn is sensitive to flame and will provide a “clean” cut edge on the shade when ultrasonic cut. It is usually to use candles on the cut edge of the fabric to burn off any remaining exposed fibers. Fiberglass on the other hand does not respond to flame. If the pvc coating is stripped away from the fiberglass base fabric, such as in the case of a dull knife being pulled through the fabric, small fiberglass fibers may also be visible on the shades edge. If noticeable, these fibers would need to be trimmed, typically with scissors or an electric trimmer. Neither material will continue to fray from the fabric once initially trimmed and should not present a problem for the end user.
WHICH ARE MORE FADE RESISTANT
– Both the pvc coated polyester and pvc coated fiberglass fabrics have UV inhibitors in them to help them resist fading.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP IS MORE MOISTURE RESISTANT
– Both the pvc coated polyester and pvc coated fiberglass fabrics are coated with pvc, which helps them proof to moisture.
If the both fabric options are manufactured properly and the shades are fabricated properly; all of these will provide a long life and excellent appearance. It is really more the qualities of the PVC coating on either yarn that will determine the fabrics life span, color fastness and durability.