PVC coated fiberglass fabrics has the same appearance as poyester fabrics but they do have some difference, so let’s see.
There are 2 types of yars for window curtain fabrics, fiberglass and polyester. No doubt these yarns have different features. Polyester yarn is typically promoted as stronger and fiberglass as thinner , strong and fire proof. Polyester fabrics were thicker/heavier and this was held up as a benefit for durability public areas and spaces or high traffic applications. However, there are lighter polyester fabric available on the market now.
PVC coated fiberglass fabrics is thinner and lighter weight. These features allow for roller blinds making long shades more compact for installation purposes, also lighter weight fiberglss fabrics allow for smaller roller tubes and put less stress on electronic motors. The we can use smaller motor to save cost. Thinner fabrics tend to have a “expensive looking”and a cleaner view through when comparing the same color and openness factor to its polyester fabrics.
WHICH MATERIAL IS MORE DURABLE
– The polyester fabrics have more strength than fiberglass fabrics and are longer life time. Polyester yarns will shape shift under pressure before breaking. PVC coated fiberglass fabrics are made of glass and will not change shape.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP IS MORE WASHABLE
– When comparing pvc-coated polyester fabrics and pvc-coated fiberglass fabrics is almost the same.
WHICH IS MORE STRETCH RESISTANT and HOLDS THE SHAPE BETTER
– The fiberglass window curtain fabric from duletai new material do not stretch and are better stablity. Polyester fabric are easily stretched but they give you more strength.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP BETTER RESISTS FRAYING
– Because of the different composition of in these yarns there may also be a notable resulit in how the yarn responds to cutting. Polyester yarn is sensitive to flame and will provide a “clean” cut edge on the shade when ultrasonic cut. It is usually to use candles on the cut edge of the fabric to burn off any remaining exposed fibers. Fiberglass on the other hand does not respond to flame. If the pvc coating is stripped away from the fiberglass base fabric, such as in the case of a dull knife being pulled through the fabric, small fiberglass fibers may also be visible on the shades edge. If noticeable, these fibers would need to be trimmed, typically with scissors or an electric trimmer. Neither material will continue to fray from the fabric once initially trimmed and should not present a problem for the end user.
WHICH ARE MORE FADE RESISTANT
– Both the pvc coated polyester and pvc coated fiberglass fabrics have UV inhibitors in them to help them resist fading.
WHICH FABRIC MAKE-UP IS MORE MOISTURE RESISTANT
– Both the pvc coated polyester and pvc coated fiberglass fabrics are coated with pvc, which helps them proof to moisture.
If the both fabric options are manufactured properly and the shades are fabricated properly; all of these will provide a long life and excellent appearance. It is really more the qualities of the PVC coating on either yarn that will determine the fabrics life span, color fastness and durability.